10 most important facts about GOPA agreement
- The Grant of Permission Agreement (GOPA) agreement needs to be taken on 2 separate Rs. 100 stamp papers to be signed by the Deputy Director of the Community Radio (CR) cell.
- The GOPA agreement needs to be signed by the authorized signatory only of the LOI (Letter of Intent) holder.
- The LOI holder needs to furnish a bank guarantee for a sum of Rs. 25,000 only, to ensure timely performance of the permission agreement.
- The bank guarantee to be furnished should be taken on the approved format provided on the Ministry of Information & Broadcasting’s website, downloadable from http://mib.nic.in/ShowDocs.aspx.
- The bank guarantee should be valid for a period of five years.
- Copy of Decision to Grant W/T Licence (D/L) and SACFA Clearance must be attached with the GOPA agreement.
- The GOPA is a non transferable agreement.
- The permission holder should start broadcasting within three months of signing of the GOPA bayer viagra.
- After signing the agreement, the licence holder is permitted to start the test transmission of the radio station.
- The permission holder shall forfeit the bank guarantee to the government, if the former fails to deliver the services in the stipulated period.
Author: Nilofar, CRFC/ OneWorld