Filling up Frequency Application – Do’s and Don’ts
The Frequency Application procedure is a long and complex process. It becomes necessary to have the right information to fill in all the details of the application correctly. We have put together a list of do’s and don’ts that each organisation should follow before submitting the online Frequency Application to the WPC wing of Ministry of Telecommunication and IT.
- It is important to have a working internet connection.
- Open the WPC website http://www.wpc.dot.gov.in for making an online application.
- Please make sure that you are using internet explorer as your web browser, as this application can be filled in that browser only.
Applicant should have the following details of their organization and Community Radio station, before applying for Frequency Online.
Required details of your Organisation
- Please collect all the details before applying online (you may take help with this link- http://crfc.in/details-required-for-online-filing-of-frequency-license-application/).
- Name of the Contact Person.
- The Contact Person’s Mobile Number & Landline Number.
- Type of Organisation.
- Name of the Organisation & Complete Address with Post Office and Pin Code.
Required details of Community Radio Station
- Name of your Community Radio Station.
- Complete Address of the CRS with Post office & Pin Code.
- Location of Community Radio Station or the location of the transmitter & antenna.
- Geo co-ordinates – Latitude of CRS Location should be in Degrees, Minutes, Seconds format only, Longitude of CRS Location should be in Degrees, Minutes, Seconds format only.
(The geo co-ordinates must be crosschecked with the Community Radio Application submitted to the Ministry of Information & Broadcasting)
- Height of CRS location above sea level i.e. AMSL in meters.
- Height of the CRS building should be in meters. The height of building should not be more than 30 meters viagra generique france.
- Make a list of few areas that will be covered under CRS broadcast service.
- Make a list of the activities of the organization like activities on education, women and child development, health etc.
- Applicant should have the idea about the distance of CRS from the nearest airport as well as the name of the airport.
- LOI number allotted by MIB (Sample: F.No. 104//103/2011-CRS).
- Do not take more than 15 minutes (approx) to fill up the application.
- Your email ID should not exceed 30 characters.
- Please save and secure your username and password.
- Please do not give geo co-ordinates obtained from Google maps as they are not correct.
- The height above mean sea level should not be given which has been taken from the nearest railway station, as it varies.
- Please do not copy the application and attachments from a different applicant.
- Don’t use Google Chrome, Opera or Mozilla Firefox for filling up Frequency Application.
Author: Poonam Shrivastava, CRFC/ OneWorld